Doug had to go to the Virgin Islands for "work" so of course I supported him by tagging along!!!! We stayed on St. Thomas it was soooooo fun. No cooking, cleaning, laundry, waking up early, chauffeuring, bum wiping, homework, nothing but FUN IN THE SUN!!!
This is the Wyndham at Sugar Bay resort were we stayed. It was really nice and pretty much had everything you would need to stay there forever and enjoy! I loved the cool looking trees that were everywhere!
The resort had its own beach next to the amazing pools where of course they waited on you hand and foot. Bringing you towels, drinks, umbrellas what ever your little heart desired! This picture of us is on the way to the pool. Every place there was so amazing!
If you look in the background you can see a rainbow. I told the kids it looked as though I could have swam out and touched the end of it!
There was a lot of wildlife at the resort. This pond is right next to the pool and Mangrove restaurant where we ate almost every day and these ducks were some Doug had never seen before so we took pictures of them every day. We have more pictures of these ducks than all of our other vacation pictures put together. The iguanas are huge and everywhere, we saw like 50 every day. One even tried to go for a swim in the pool. I don't know if you can see in the picture but just up the path are like 10 more iguanas.
Here is another spiky little bugger. I had to take a picture of this bird because we eat lunch with him every day. We had to keep a close eye on him because once Doug left part of a pizza crust on his plate and when this bird had the opportunity he jumped right down and grabbed it! The hotel staff tried endlessly to keep the birds and duck out of the eating area but it was a losing battle.
We went shopping at Charlotte Amalie and walked all around the town seeing the sights. Many years ago they really used these things to fight off the many pirates that tried to land here!
Then we went to Yacht Haven Grande were all the cruise boats and privately owned yachts dock. We did not do much shopping here the cheapest thing we found was a necklace for 20,ooo dollars. We ate lunch at the Fat Turtle and tried to peek at who might be on the docked yachts.
One day we took the ferry over to the island of St. John. This was the most beautiful place I have ever been. While we were there we went to Trunk Bay snorkeling. They have a self-guided snorkeling trail. Its like an underwater museum with signs pointing out various sea life.
This is where the snorkeling trail starts, the water is warm and so clear you can see all kinds of fish just standing in the water with out the snorkeling gear. This is the dock where we are about to get back on the ferry, behind me you can see some of the houses that are on this island, they are huge. Kenny Chesney has a home here, and why not, it is the most beautiful place on earth!
The resort had many activities throughout the day that you could attend. This was one of our favorites. The fire dancers. They were amazing and really fun with the audience.
Yes, she is eating the fire stick! It was fun to watch especially because we were so up close and personal!
This is Megan's Bay Beach, It was really pretty but way too many people. Five cruise ships came into St. Thomas this day and I think they all came here to swim.
Although there were many beautiful places, beaches and mountain scenery, this guy was the one exception to the beautiful sights. I could not believe someone would actually wear this so of course I had to snap a picture. It was only few minutes later that we "enjoyed" the view of a topless woman swimming and sunbathing on the beach. Sorry I did not take a picture of her!
8 comments:
What an amazing opportunity! I'm jealous! I hope you had an amazing time. loved seeing your pictures-thanks for sharing-Lisa
Holy Cow.....what fun!!! You seriously deserved a break and I am sure just about ready for another one! We plan on the July trip like usual, can't wait until the girls (wish you were included along with your girls, Kadee and Alayna)come in April. Katie just couldn't stand the cold anymore so took a quick roak trip, they didn't stay long but I am just so glad she made the stop at all....it's so hard to see people when you are with family you haven't seen forever. I am going to talk to you on face book.
So lucky! Looks like a great time! You are an official blogger extroidinaire...you took crazy pics of others and posted them on your blog. I love it.
Can't wait to hear all about it over lunch...call me!
I am so jealous that you got to escape the freezing for a week in paradise. It looks like you guys had a blast!!! Beautiful beaches and I love all the animals everywhere. Lucky!!! So fun!!!
Oh, man, I want to go! Trips like this with no kids are the absolute best! You look beautiful and so tan! I guess this was a good excuse to miss our lunch!
I'll bet it was so nice to get away for a few days. You are so lucky that Doug will go to the beach. I went once with Mark, he wouldn't even get in the water. I love the pics.
Looks like PARADISE!! I'm so glad you got to go and "get away" from it all....it's amazing that those places really exist..... it looks picture perfect!
Looks like you two had a great time. I am so happy to see such a big smile on Doug's face:):):):) That place looks so beautiful and had to be a great change of scenery from G-ville!!
P.S. Love the
G String, I guess
I never realized
men wear them too!!
Post a Comment