Monday, July 20, 2009

Bryce Canyon 1/2 marathon

Oh yeah!!! I finished the Bryce Canyon 1/2 marathon! I was just as surprised as anybody when I rounded the corner after 13+ miles and saw the finish sign. This picture is actually staged, they let me sneak in while no one was finishing to snap a picture. Doug was not there to see me really cross the finish line, I was way faster than he had planned on me being. Just kidding the traffic was a lot worse and they could only go as fast as the pilot car through the canyon. But is was ok we faked it!



I never thought I would say this but it was really fun! I am new to the running world but I would suggest the Bryce Canyon half to who ever is looking to run a 1/2 marathon. It was a beautiful run, perfect weather and enough down hill to make the up hills not seem so bad!

I ran with my sister-in-law. This was all her idea, and I am glad she dragged me along. There may have been a bit of kicking and screaming a few weeks ago when I started training, but over all it was a blast!


Here we are me, Megan (my sister in law), Laura (Megans sister), and Clint (Lauras fiance). We all were in this together!!


This is after the race. We needed to stretch our legs a bit!


The head band is so flattering I know, but if I do not wear that thing I would not be able to see because the sweat would be running into my eyes!!! It took me 2 hours and 23 min. to run and I am proud to say that I did run the whole 13.whatever miles this race was. I had two goals not to walk and to run a 10 min. mile. I 'm not quite sure about the 10 min. mile part. It took us around 2 minutes to get up to the starting line and there were the lines at the bathroom break that were included in my total time. However, I ran the whole blasted time so I felt ok about it and besides there is always next year right??????

If anyone is interested we could run together next year! Just let me know!!! I am committing Doug, Paige and Mark whether they want to or not! I am serious let me know we will have a blast!

11 comments:

Vanessa said...

YOU ARE MY HERO! That is such a great accomplishment. You seriously rock.

Lets see if I can make it thru the Onion Days 5K. I'll try your goal to not walk it :)

lisa said...

Wow Kami, I am amazed! I didn't know you were a runner! Way to go! I really should get on this band wagon that everyone else is on!!! GREAT JOB! Lisa G.

The Allred Family said...

Nice job! I am so impressed! I am more impressed that you want to do it again. I did it once, it was great, but can't say I am dying to do it again. Aaron really wants to do it after we recover from these new babies. However, if I lay on the couch for 5 months, I may need training to remind me how to walk! Anyway, congrats! You are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Good job! I think that's incredible--I have no desire to do it, but maybe that'll change someday. I love Ashton's baptism dress:)

Diane said...

You rock! Mine is in about 6 weeks, and I'm getting a little scared. :)

Chelsi said...

That is awesome that you ran this! You have quite the drive. I can't wait to start running again after Brody is here, don't count on me running 12 miles, but maybe one day..... Don't you feel like it is such a stress reliever to get out and run? I love it! Good Job Kam!

Jenny said...

Wow Kami! I am way impressed. I have been attempting to run for he past few months and it is kicking my butt. I don't think I'll ever be able to do that!

Paige said...

HECK YA BABY..... not that it surprises me a bit! okay honestly I was a little worried in December when you told me about it, but since we've been running for a while together I saw first hand that you had NOTHING to worry about. I can't wait for next years!! I'm totally in (assuming nothing physically crazy happens in between now and then) and until next year...lets keep pounding out the miles baby!! You're AWESOME, I'm so proud of you!!

Kim said...

Kami! You are an inspiration! Congratulations on an amazing achievement!

Megan said...

Kami you really are awesom. You can take a few mins off of your time for staying with your sister-in-law. I know you could have done it faster without me. I'm not sure that I'll run next year, but I'll come cheer you on for sure especially if you actually get Mark to do it. Good luck with that one.

Conradblogfamily said...

Next Year count me in!!!!