Thursday, January 15, 2009

Somebody call Guinness!






I think we may have broke the record for the longest amount of time a child kept a bite of food in their mouth refusing to swallow.

I thought she was being such a big eater. I would put a big bite in her mouth and then attend to the other five (some were friends) children refilling plates, getting drinks, getting napkins, you know the routine. We were in a big hurry, not your typical sit down meal, everybody was rushing. When I realized that every time I would give her a bite she would get down off of her chair. So I decided to follow her. What I found was a bathroom garbage full of Stir-Fry. Apparently she didn't really like it that well. So I sat her on the counter and bribed her with a brownie to take just one bit of her dinner. All of the kids thought it was so funny that she had been secretly disposing of her dinner that she quickly realized she was the center of attention (her favorite place to be), so she made everyone well aware that she was not going to swallow even one bite. After a few minutes I had to leave I told her to swallow the bite and I would be back to give her a brownie. I dropped the kids off to skating and took a friend home, when I got back she still had not swallowed the food. Finally after about 22 minutes she gagged it down. I guess we won't try Chinese food again for a while.


4 comments:

Paige said...

oh my gosh what a little stinker, I'll give her props though....for not having a dog around to dispose of the food, she was pretty tricky!! that is hilarious! I can't believe how strong willed and stubborn kids can be!

Vanessa said...

That is pretty hilarious! The things they do to get out of eating stuff!

Kim said...

What a fun entry- Thank you! On a day that my 2 year old poured wart remover (acid) on our silk living room couch, it brought a much needed smile!

MDM EKINS said...

We wish you guys lived closer!!