Cedar City or BUST!!!!!!
This is the second year Rylies team has gone down to SUU for the summer games, it is a fun trip. I love Cedar City and SUU so it is fun for Doug and I to go back and show the kids were we first lived after we were married, were we lived before we were married, were we worked, ect. Yeah they were pretty uninterested in all that, all they wanted to do was win some soccer games!!!
Opening Ceremonies is always a blast!!! They hold an opening social for all the athletes, were they feed them and they have big blow up slides and bouncy houses for them to play on. Rylie went to that with her team so no pictures!
At the ceremonies they have the running of the torch, this year one of the runners was Amy Christiansen Palmer, a Grantsville celebrity, and someone my kids knew!!!
Each and every player down at SUU for the games gets to walk around the track for the "Parade of Athletes" there are a lot of kids down there doing everything from soccer to gymnastics to paintball to fencing. It is pretty exciting when they all get together to party!
All the athletes get to stay down on the field for a concert and fireworks show! We peons have to stay in the bleachers, but that did not stop us from singing and dancing all night!!!
Preparing for the game was very important or maybe just a lot of fun!!
Painting up the cars is a must!!! We did our car and the team did all the coaches cars!!!
Face paint and blue hair die I am sure will help us win and if not we look unified!!!
Blue and white pok-a-dot fingernails and toenails was the super secret weapon the girl were sure would get us a win!!!
Game time, was not so great!! We played ok but not how these girls usually play! Maybe we partied a little to much??? But it was fun and a great experience!
Killing time in between games was a lot of fun!!! Last year we found this little "pond" full of tadpoles and the kids caught a bunch of them, so this year we had to go back and see if there were any more. Lucky us there were thousands!!!! So the kids jumped in a caught a bunch to bring home.... yeah stinky, smelly, wet and slimy, tadpoles in the same car with sweaty, stinky smelly kids, we hardly even noticed they were there!!!!
I think this was probably Davin favorite part of the trip!
the kids were loving it!
Well the games are over, we did not receive a medal, but we'll be back!
I am not sure who these guys are that hitched a ride home with us!!!!!
5 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good time. Rick and Amy's girls loved going with them and thought all the stuff Amy got to do was pretty cool. Rick said the fireworks were amazing. I love Cedar--You are so busy:) I'll just keep my girls little forever.
AWWW Cedar. All of my favorite memories were with you!!! I love it there!
When you pull out the camera, does Doug automatically turn off the smile?
Such fun pictures! Tell Rylie that she'll get a medal next year. Way to go... that is so awesome!!!!
Great pictures! What a fun trip! Your kids are darling! Can you believe that we have kids this old? I still feel like we're 18!
fun fun fun It looks like a blast.....hhmm maybe I should get out a little more, looks like there's some fun to be had. LOL
Post a Comment