Saturday, June 6, 2009

What a way to start the Summer!

I do not know how this happened I put sunscreen on at least 200 hundred people during the End of the School Year Party but some how I managed to skip my red-headed, freckle-faced, fair skinned little boy!

OUCH!!!!!



Don't mind the spiderman tattoo. I hate those things but he loves them so he sticks them in places I won't see them, like on his stomach!




Yeah, I new it was bad the first day but the second day brought forth a new level of sunburn that I have never witnessed before. Blisters the size of silver dollars.


He has been pretty dang tough considering his situation in fact I have cried more than he has over this whole thing!


Things are getting a little better, the third night was his best night sleeping, he only woke up once needing a new cold rag and a Tylenol! I know that life is full of live and learn situations I just hate when my life lessons hurt my kids. I will never ever forget sunscreen again. I hope this can be a friendly reminder for you all to
WEAR SUNSCREEN!!!!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

HOLY BLISTERS! Don't feel too bad, I'm usually vigilant about it too. I make my kids wear rash guards and slather them w/sunscreen. The other day I let Dillon play in the backyard w/out his rash guard and his blister just manifested itself yesterday. I feel so bad. Oh well. Now we know for next time.

Lets just hope their dermatologist isn't cursing us in 20 years like mine does my parents when he digs my moles out of my back.

Chelsi said...

That is so sick! Austin came home from Grantsville telling me about these HUGE blisters the size of an egg on Davin, I thought he was just exaggerating. I guess not! Poor guy, I hope he is getting better and won't have scares on his shoulders. yikes!!! Lesson for me to remember....SUNSCREEN on the Brody!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor thing! You still win mom of the year.....don't beat yourself up too bad. I'm sure all your kids will remember the party, more than the blisters:)

Jenny said...

Wow, that's the worst I've ever seen!