We started out the 4th with the annual Ray Barrus 5k "fun" run! It really was fun! Paige and I ran together so Doug and Bub could run as fast as they wanted and would not have to feel guilty about leaving us behind! Doug came in 5th but if I would have registered him in the right category he would have been first! Oops! I came in eighth and this was Rylie first time running the one mile race and she came in third! So we all felt it was a successful run this year!
Here they are already to go to the parade! Rylie is wearing the shirt that she made in achievement days! She was so proud of her tie-dying skills she could not wait to wear this on the fourth!.JPG)
We have watched the parade from Grandma Toni's house for the past few years, it is nice to have a house right on the parade route, no fighting for seats or walking miles to find a spot. We just turn the side yard into a parking lot and we all fit!.JPG)
This is Deseret Family Dentistry's float! I must say for a last minute entree we did a pretty dang good job!
.JPG)
I love this picture! All the grand kids that were in Grantsville! You would never know this was taken in G-ville in the middle of the summer with all this green foliage everywhere! The rain has been great!
Chelsi, Me and Kadee how good are we to color coordinate with red, white and blue!!
I had to quickly capture the moment when they were "best-friends" instead of how they usually are, pulling each others hair out!
This can only mean one thing......TROUBLE
This is Deseret Family Dentistry's float! I must say for a last minute entree we did a pretty dang good job!
I love this picture! All the grand kids that were in Grantsville! You would never know this was taken in G-ville in the middle of the summer with all this green foliage everywhere! The rain has been great!
This photo is from one of the Leapfrog kick ball games. Young, old pregnant, injured nothing gets you out of playing in the Olympics!
.JPG)
The Sponge Squeeze really helped to cool everyone down!
Basketball Toss-Poor Doug everyone on his team made the shot except for him!
The Football toss and golf were where some teams started to fall apart!
This year Austins team took the Gold!!!
Bubba's team won the silver!
And Dougs team took home the bronze!
.JPG)
These two teams will need some extensive training before next year!
.JPG)
We are lucky enough to have a back yard that faces the city park so we don't have to battle the crowed and we still get front row seats. Paul even added some patriotic music to the show this year! It was another great Independence Day! I love this holiday and feel so blessed to live in this great country where there are so many brave men and women willing to fight to protect the country I love! Thank you so much! !.JPG)
These two teams will need some extensive training before next year!
7 comments:
It is so much fun to see your whole family! Your mom hasn't changed a bit! Your kids look darling. Who won Miss G-ville?
You have the funnest family ever!
Your family is so awesome! I feel bad Doug missed the shot, but I remember when he made a really important one and won a car or something.....I can't quit thinking about Kate and Aaron. It just stresses me out and I need to not think about it--I just can't get over it:)
I agree... 4th of July is one of my favorites too! I really missed my Jared as he asked about the whole parade and park and the fireworks! Glad you had such a great time!
okay lLOVE all the fun pictures! I have got to get mine posted now...what a flippin awesome family we have! oh and by the way I know my team came in last during the olympics but I'm quite offended that we were the only team you didn't take a picture of ...... now I'm not talking to you for awhile...................................oh crap I just remembered I'm running 8 freaking miles with you tomorrow so I guess I won't be able to pretend I'm mad for very long will I?....see ya in a few hours!
Hi Kam, Kolakhane was the Thorntons' foster brother from Thailand. Ring any bells?
I had a post on my blog and tagged you... Can't wait to see your answers! Love ya!
Post a Comment