This year we had a week long 24th of July celebration, I do not know how everything ended up this week we must just like to party! First Paige and I decided that Lagoon would probably be less busy on a weekday before a holiday weekend so we took advantage of that and loaded up the kids. It happened to be the hottest day of the year, but we still had a blast!.JPG)
Skylar loved all the rides and with no lines we went on lots and lots of rides!!!
.JPG)
Rylie and Lexi on the kiddie rides, I wanted them in a picture so they rode the ladybug ride for me, then they were off by themselves to hit the big rides! Thank goodness for cellphones, I felt a lot more confident letting them go by themselves knowing I could call them any second to check on them!
.JPG)
Ashton is tall enough to go on any ride at the park but she is too chicken, Brecken is to short to go on most of the rides but she is fearless and was doing everything she could to look taller!
Rylie and Lexi on the kiddie rides, I wanted them in a picture so they rode the ladybug ride for me, then they were off by themselves to hit the big rides! Thank goodness for cellphones, I felt a lot more confident letting them go by themselves knowing I could call them any second to check on them!
Ashton is tall enough to go on any ride at the park but she is too chicken, Brecken is to short to go on most of the rides but she is fearless and was doing everything she could to look taller!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next we went to the pioneer days and the Benson Grist Mill! All the kids had the opportunity to churn some butter....
Dip candles....
Rids in a horse-drawn wagon...
Dress up like cute little cowgirls..... .JPG)
And last but not least was their favorite part, milking Bessy. I got them all excited about being able to milk a real cow only to find out Bessy was cardboard!!! My kids were disappointed to say the least and Rylie was not exactly thrilled I made her "milk" the cow for a picture!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the actually 24th of July we celebrated with Doug's family, his mom's birthday is on the 24th so after the primary parade and a little fun at the park we went back to her house and ate and ate and ate some more!!! No pics camera was not charged!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And last but not least was their favorite part, milking Bessy. I got them all excited about being able to milk a real cow only to find out Bessy was cardboard!!! My kids were disappointed to say the least and Rylie was not exactly thrilled I made her "milk" the cow for a picture!
On the actually 24th of July we celebrated with Doug's family, his mom's birthday is on the 24th so after the primary parade and a little fun at the park we went back to her house and ate and ate and ate some more!!! No pics camera was not charged!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next day we went the the BEES game, this has been a family tradition for over 15 years, it is fun to have a huge baseball crazed family section screaming, yelling, chatting, eating and laughing altogether!
Davin brought his mitt, he really wanted to catch a foul ball, but this year Kylie was the lucky one to take home the foul ball she was sitting right in front of Davin but he could not reach it!!!
Skylar just wanted the fireworks to start!!!
Skylar and Avery with their favorite Aunt and Uncle Austin and Chelsi!
The fireworks were amazing as always!
These two are joined at the hip, where one is you will find the other!
It was a busy week but we all had a blast!
It was a busy week but we all had a blast!
4 comments:
So much fun! You were busy!
I'll pay Doug 5 bucks if he will smile for a pic :)
oh fwhew ( how do you spell that word anyway?) what a relief to get some blogging done eh? I always love when I've been super busy to have my blog caught up onto the back burner for a little while! good job, darling pictures of all the kiddos
Nice pics... and sounds like you had such a blast, even though you were super busy!
Isn't summer the best?? I never answered your skiing question...ummm I do ski, but really don't enjoy it! it's too much work and I'm sore for days after. Now if I ran marathons, I'd probably be in better shape and enjoy it more. I'm going to call you and maybe we can do lunch sometime. I need some advice on Mags--she's showing some Abby/Ashton signs and I think I'm going to go crazy....Katie's heard it all tonight, but I need some "seasoned" mother advice from you both. AHHHH!
Post a Comment