Tuesday, October 27, 2009

1st grade field trip

Does anything sound more fun than herding a bunch of first graders through the
many, many animal attractions at the zoo! I didn't think so either, so I gladly volunteered to chaperone Davins class! We had a great time!
Chartered buses??? I thought the school district was having cut backs? I guess only
when it comes to teacher pay or smaller class sizes. Apparently field trips are top of the line for funding.
Lunch break! Looking forward to my smashed sandwich and crunched chips.
Good thing I smuggled in a Diet Coke!
It was a nice day, a little chilly but I think it helped the animals to be more active.
Sometimes I think they are sick, but today they were all out and about!!!

My favorite part. Zuri the new baby elephant!

2 comments:

The Walch Family said...

How fun was that!!! He is so dang cute! And such a boy!!! And ALL of your kids were darling at Michael Jackson thru the years at the Halloween Carnival. It was a riot!!!

Jenny said...

Cute baby elephant! I remember going on chartered buses out to the salt flats to film that commercial or something. Do you remember?