Friday, December 19, 2008

Another Family Favorite Tradition

We look forward to the first Snow Fall each year!!! And we celebrate by making a batch of our favorite cookies. We keep track of when the first BIG, (our rule is the snow must cover the grass) snow fall comes by writing the date inside the lid of our cookie jar! It is always fun to compare each year and to make predictions for the current year!
Today was the kids last day of school before Christmas break! So they had their class parties, the BIG GUY popped in each of their classrooms and gave them the yummiest cherry candy canes and we had our first big snow!


After school they piled into the car yelling, "It Snowed, It Snowed, let's go home and make cookies"!!!
It was a great day we turned on the fire, cranked up the Christmas music and started baking.








4 comments:

Conradblogfamily said...

How many inches did you get? Did you get my text about how you get to the right word?? How is it working for you?

Vanessa said...

Look at you and your awesome traditions. I might just have to steal some.

Conradblogfamily said...

How bout you move here...that cookie snow tradition would be a lot more fun.
We have so mcuh fun together...they are truly the best friends I have ever had....they let me beat them on the tennis court (me against them), they teach me a new word daily, and what I have to look forward to in life (aging).
Lexy and Logan are Kimmie's, yes...they are so fun to be with...Logan is the cute boy that sends Jordan the darling texts. He is the one who calls me and Tami choice Daughters of God. Hope he will be a son in law some day! At least that is my plan.

Anonymous said...

I think you're kids are so lucky that you are so ambitious!! Where is Doug in all the photos? He loves to smile so much:) I don't know if I answer your ?'s on my blog or yours, but Maggie is still in her room and the crib is up in there. Soph is still in my room and it's all crazy until we get moved. I don't know how people ever had 2 or 3 kids in bedrooms--I would go insane. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas....