Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Traditions

Davin is not really threatened by the whole naughty and nice thing, notice the bunny ears, he always has to be doing something to annoy his sisters!


I love getting ready for the Holidays!! We have put up the lights, trimmed the tree, and shopped until we can shop no more. Well maybe Doug has had enough shopping, I think I will always be up for a shopping trip!!! Now if we just had some snow things would be perfect! I always like hearing the different traditions my friends and family enjoy during this season, so I thought I would tell you about one of ours. One night for family home evening we let the kids write letters to Santa. Telling him the nice things they have done this year and a few things they would really like him to bring. Then they stick the letters in their stockings and that night the elves come and take their letters to give to Santa, leaving them a little treat, just to let them know that they better be good because "you never know when your being watched." It is a fun way to "send" the letters and then I actually get to keep them (something I love to look back on and read).

4 comments:

Conradblogfamily said...

I love the rabbit ears!!!! I have a great letter to Santa from Hudson, so worth it. Check out my new post. I am getting in to this!
See you Friday hopefully with some suit cases for your kids!

Anonymous said...

Love the new family picture! You look so good. I think your kids look so grown up--where does the time go? Have a great weekend....

Conradblogfamily said...

I love the family photo! Everyone looks great. I am still in Az and have had a blast! Nothing like getting together with great friends for a couple of days, in a 5 million $ house. I am in the craft room with everyone asleep no one can hear me because the house is so huge....I hope I can find my back to my bed. We have laughed and laughed! Heading back tomorrow... back to reality!

Alicia said...

What a fun family tradition. Thank you so much for your darling Christmas card!! You have such a beautiful family!! I also wanted to thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. We feel so blessed to have the priesthood and the gospel in our lives. We wouldn't have been able to make it through without it. I hope that you are having a wonderful holiday season.