My friend Jodi is the monarch butterfly Nazi. About 5 years a go she decided to get some caterpillars and watch them turn into butterflies. I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that I supported her in this little activity because I have created a MONSTER! This year she collected, raised and found homes for over 200 caterpillars! We are glad to be part of her find a home for the endless eating caterpillars project. We take a few each year. They eat milkweed so if you ever drive through our town in the summer and see a bunch of ladies out in the weeds searching for just the right kind of food for our "pets" you will know we are one of the many Jodi supporters!!!
I don't know do you think Skylar is excited?
We have a book, that of course Jody insisted we buy, so we could know exactly what was happening at each stage of the process. I must admit it is one of Skylars favorite books and we take it to church with us regularly so she can see the "taterpilars". It is fun and the kids love guessing whose caterpillar will crystallise first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment