It doesn't take long to realize how true this quote is about raising a family. I do not feel a day older than 19 ok maybe 25 but when I look around at my four children, one who
will be 10 next month, I often wonder exactly how that happened. I sware I was
just bringing her home from the hospital yesterday. Lately I have had to argue just a bit about the days being long, I could really use a few extra hours in my day. I love that my
kids are involved in extra curricular activities but some days I really don't know how we will get everyone everywhere they need to go.
Rylie was the first in her class to pass both her multiplication and her division facts off in 50 seconds! Good job Ry, Keep up the good work!!!
Top priority in our house is school work, I guess that is the school teacher coming out in me! I thought the diaper changing years were difficult, now that I have 3 in school, 3 times the homework, 3 classes to volunteer in, 3 "parent projects" to make look like my child did them, and 3 kids with 15, 20 and 30 minutes of reading to do every night, I am already wondering what is going to happen when Skylar starts school, thank goodness I was the oldest and not the baby you guys really do get the worn out, tired and old model of a mother. Just kidding I know Austin and Kadee (the babies in my family growing up) got the relaxed, easy going, wake me when you come home way past your curfew and I won't even remember it in the morning parents. So their are some perks to being the baby!!! Which makes me think this stage of life is going to seem like a piece of cake compared to having 4 teenagers, I guess I better start treasuring these moments more.
1 comment:
Amen. And I only have one in school all day. I am running her everywhere. Then when Elton tells me he wants Dillon to play baseball in Spanish Fork, because they have a better program. . .I don't know what I'll do! I used to curse the parents for not helping their kids at home, but that was before I had any in school. I am now a little more empathetic!
Post a Comment